Sunday, 31 March 2013

Sleep.. What's that again?

Happy easter to everyone firstly! Hope you've all stuffed your faces with enough chocolate to last a lifetime! I know I have and as if amazon had planned it to synchronise so perfectly my 'SlimIn6' exercise workout DVD arrived bright and early on Saturday morning! I was really tempted to do a trail run.. Well at least watch it to see what I'm letting myself in for! But I decided not to as I'd probably cower out of it but I do need to get my body back to resembling something of what it did before being pregnant for the last 3 years in a row! And you can't watch an exercise DVD while scoffing a minstrel Easter egg down your throat can you.. It's a bit nutty professor-ish!

Anyway.. The real reason why I'm awake! I should have known the night was going to pan out crap when I dropped the freeview remote on my bloody head as I jumped into bed! And had to purchase name branded nappies for both the boys as well as new dummys as snowy has mysteriously lost his.. something tells me the eldest is taking them and hiding them.. He has a major issue with dummies, absolutely hates them and will take anyone's he sees. He reminds me of a baby Braveheart I can just imagine him on a little horse with war paint on saying "don't let them silence you with that contraption!" The eldest hasn't had name brand nappies since he was in size 2!
Now back to the reason why im awake.. Firstly everyone in the household either has/had or is coming down with this crappy virus that's surfacing around. Started with sunny, then went to snowy, then daddy and now me! That's one man and two 'baby man' flu patients in one household.. Come on gimme a break! I just want to curl into a ball and have my mummy wait on me hand and foot while I nurse my dreaded cold but as she lives 3000 miles away I don't think Skype has introduced meals through the iPad just yet..

I was woken up by Snowy for his 3am feed while I was sitting up in bed watching a documentary on bbc3 about mums with disabilities and fighting with a 10 week old blocked nose who is trying to feed but sounds like Darth vader as he's so stuffy.. I could only hear my other half snoring away next to me and my son in his room coughing and talking to himself.. As I burped snowy I could hear Sunny saying "ohh iPad! Hi iPad! "Oh bubbles.. Night night bubbles! Because I got an alert through email sent to the iPad and iPhone at once.. Technology is something else! (Bubbles is part of his bedtime routine where a fisher price lullaby is played on the iPad for a whole two hours! The bubbles are colourfully rotating in circles.. It's priceless and I can't count how many times its put me to sleep let alone the kids!" So being the 'supermum' I am I snuck into the kitchen to get some water and cough medicine for the 20 month old went in his room to be greeted with "MUMMY, UP.." I'm still expecting YOURS to end that sentence but just 'mummy up' for now so I told him its not time for up "CAR?" He responded with a glimmer of hope in his eye and groggy voice "No baby not time for car either just medicine and water okay.." So I put back on bubbles as I gave him his cough medicine and left the bottle of water in his cot giving him a kiss.. Then the bloody iPad jumps off the Internet MAJOR pre terrible two year old meltdown at 4:27am.. "MUMMY IPAD DADDY IPAD BABY BROBA IPAD... WHAAA NANNNNNYYYYY IPAAAAAAD" dunno what nanny or baby broba could do nanny is at her house and baby broba well.. He's not able to use the iPad.. Yet! I was ready to jump out the bed when i heard the music start back up again thank goodness because i think that would have ended up with him coming in our bed to be honest..

So he's gone back to bed now.. So has snowy and I'd just like to add.. Daddy hasn't flinched or moved once during this up all night saga! But is still snoring away in the land of nod! Thank god it's a bank holiday tomorrow and I'd extracted two bottles of milk for 'Sleep emergencies' because I can see a lay in with my name on it! If only I could find my earplugs.. I think my eldest has eaten them (don't judge me on that comment.. If you haven't got kids you wouldn't understand the 'everything goes in my mouth' stage!) signing off.. Very sleep deprived mummy of two under two!

1 comment:

  1. Haha to Sunny the Braveheart baby "up yours mummy". Funny mummy, hope family gets better and best of luck with your DVD

    ReplyDelete